POSITION STRUCTURE AND PURPOSE: This is a full-time position. The Children’s Behavioral Health Coordinator works under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer of the South Central Behavioral Health Region (SCBHR). The Coordinator will serve children under 18 years of age in the SCBHR, working in concert with the SCBHR CEO, who will take direction from the SCBHR Governing Board. The position provides social work with a heavy emphasis on care coordination for those served, technical assistance to the community, system building within the scope of issues of mental & behavioral health.
The required position location for the first year will be located in the Ottumwa Office; after the first year based on performance evaluation and position needs location may be negotiated to one of the other three offices (Appanoose, Davis and or Mahaska) if space is available. Work days are Monday through Friday typical work your are 8:00-4:30 some meeting after scheduled hours.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
Job summary: Serves as the coordinator of SCBHR residents in the Mental Health and Disability Service Region, “South Central Behavioral Health Region (SCBHR)” formed under Iowa Code Chapter 28E in compliance with Iowa Code 331.390 by following the SCBHR Management Plan in compliance with IAC 441-25. Is an employee of record of the Wapello County.
Minimum Education and Experience Required To Perform Essential Functions
Knowledge and abilities:
- Knowledge of mental disabilities, diagnosis, and treatments.
- Knowledge of available services.
- General knowledge of Medicaid-funded programs, including core and core-plus services, disability resources, and natural supports.
- Advanced knowledge of spelling, punctuation, grammar and arithmetic.
- Advanced knowledge of computer operation including desktop publishing, database maintenance, word-processing and Internet functions.
- Ability to operate usual business machines.
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping principles and cost accounting.
- Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people and maintain constructive working relationships with them.
- Ability to handle telephone and in-person requests calmly, adequately, and in a manner that will preserve good public relations.
- Well organized with the ability to work independently
- Bachelors or higher degree in human services-related or administrative-related field or Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Iowa with at least 2 years of experience with the population served.
- Motor vehicle operator’s license with minimum insurance coverage specified in policies. Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass post offer-pre-employment physical exam including TB test at entry and if indicated per policy of member county.
- Physical capabilities if indicated per policy of member county. Ability to use fingers and hands in grasping small object, operate standard office equipment such as calculator, telephone, computer, fax, copy machine; move arms, torso, and legs in operating a motor vehicle; pushing or pulling; climbing stairs; bending or stooping; requires close vision (20” or less) to see documents and forms for processing and depth perception 20 feet or more for driving requirements; and occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Personal Characteristics: Personality and appearance appropriate for level of responsibility indicated. Personality which shows aptness in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients served, providers, regional staff, representatives of other agencies of government, and others. Must be able to present problems and express self well before groups and individuals.
- Knowledge of the Comprehensive, Continuous, Integrated System of Care (CCISC) model as a framework for quality improvement-oriented, multi-occurring capable system design and implementation, the basic framework and principles of CCISC, as described by Minkoff and Cline (2004, 2005).
- Ability to pass dependent adult and child abuse as well as criminal background check.
Salary and Benefits:
Starting wage is $43,000 a year with full benefits.
Submit cover letter and resume to Jennifer.Robbins@scbhr.net or mail to Wapello County Community Services 110 E. Main St., Ottumwa, Iowa 52501 by June 26th, 2020.Leave a reply